Jonathan, Katrina & Soren

Jonathan, Katrina & Soren
Jon and Katrina were married in May 2008. We live in Houston, TX. Katrina graduated from Utah State and plays the "SugaMama" role as Jon continues with his studies at U of H. We love getting lost and having all sorts of crazy adventures. Jon is nice and Katrina is honest. :) We are first time parents to Soren Idrios. He has bulldog cheeks! These are our stories.

Jon, my love!

Jon, my love!

Jon likes...

Soren!
Katrina
Math
Mario Kart
Monopoly
Longboarding
English papers... :)
Fringe
Funny Things
Wearing shorts on the weekends
Taco Night
His t-shirts with or without holes and
College Football


Katrina

Katrina

Kat Likes...

Soren Idrios
Sharky
EspaƱol
HGTV
Making dinner
Cuddling on the "SofaSac"
Hiking and Camping
Fruit Snacks
Hugs
Not having eye infections.
Lists :)
Crafting?
and JON of course!




Powered by Blogger.

04 May 2008

Long Boarding!

Katrina and I deceided to buy longboards for the summer. Katrina asked me to teach her to ride them. She always wanted one to ride around Logan. Yesterday the 3rd of May, we went to the church parking lot to practice our sweet skills. We started out with the basic. She had been practicing standing on it at home while talking to her sister on my cell phone. :) She started right off on hers with the one push with her foot. Than she began to push twice with her foot at a time. I was so happy to she her wonderful pro-skateboarding skills.

She practiced and practiced. She tried to turn on her board but was scared with the speed she had on her board. So I took her and her board to a corner of the parking lot and held her hand as we went in a circle. Than as she was going in circles I let go and watched her turn in a circle by herself. So proud. Now I knew that this wasn't going to be an easy job teaching her and to prove that to everyone Katrina had to throw her elbow into my lip. She made my lip bleed and as Katrina said, "Jon, your bleeding a lot." Oh-well sometimes love hurts. Just kidding.

It was fun to see Katrina going in circles around the parking lot. But one of the funniest things about it is we had two kids running around the church spying on us. They were teasing me because I had a girlfriend. After awhile I jumped on my board and skated toward them. One of the kids fell on the ground and I knew I had him. The kids were 6 years old. I know the kid that was on the ground. He was one of the Smith boys. We got to talking and they asked if Katrina was my girlfriend or my wife. I laughed at the question and said she is my soon to be wife, with a smile. Then they asked me if she knew how to skateboard. I wanted to say, dude she is pro. But I just said we were learning how to ride. Then the kids were called to go home. As they were leaving they yelled "hey you guys are kissing!" So Katrina and I put a pretty short show on for them. It was funny.

I am so lucky to have someone like Katrina who trust me enough to ask me to teach her something like skateboarding. Katrina really trusts me with her life. As she should and I know I would protect her with everything I have. She is the bestest.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Where's the proof? I want to see pictures or better yet, videos!
Glad you two are having so much fun.

It"s me said...

Katrina.. You are awesome! After my "incident" with the skateboard... I will never try it again! But it sounds like you have a wonderful teacher!

Liz said...

Just don't break bones or have need for stitches. The longboards are pretty cool looking!
Mom

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Hey Kat!! Your ring is gorgeous!! AND...Kara wants you to invite her to view your blog! Her email is karasimmons20@gmail.com

Congrats on the wedding!! It is coming so soon!!!

Mike said...

You should share your updated long boarding story. I'd love to hear it first hand :)

LeShel said...

I know you have better things to do then post today. But I've been thinking about you all morning. I just saw your count down and it's 3 hours 30 minutes 05 seconds. My heart is racing with excitement and anticipation. I know I'm silly but I just keep thinking about the many wonderful moments that I've experienced because of my marriage. I can't wait for you to have that. The joy, the pain, the sacrifice, the endless happiness. It's wonderful that you are at this moment, in this moment. I wish I had some magic word that would describe the greatness that you are in. But I'm sure you already know so it wouldn't matter if I contextualized (i think that's a word, that might work here?) it. I love you both and I am glad that I am your sister sharing in this day. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm really doing it this time! I know some of you already sent me your e-mail so I can set our blog to private, but some got erased before I wrote them down. So please send your e-mail address that you use to blog to jtukka1025@hotmail.com. Also, that it the e-mail we use for blogger, so if you ever set yours to private, send an invite to us there. Please e-mail us quickly so we can set our blog private and you won't miss out on the Tuckers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...