Jonathan, Katrina & Soren

Jonathan, Katrina & Soren
Jon and Katrina were married in May 2008. We live in Houston, TX. Katrina graduated from Utah State and plays the "SugaMama" role as Jon continues with his studies at U of H. We love getting lost and having all sorts of crazy adventures. Jon is nice and Katrina is honest. :) We are first time parents to Soren Idrios. He has bulldog cheeks! These are our stories.

Jon, my love!

Jon, my love!

Jon likes...

Soren!
Katrina
Math
Mario Kart
Monopoly
Longboarding
English papers... :)
Fringe
Funny Things
Wearing shorts on the weekends
Taco Night
His t-shirts with or without holes and
College Football


Katrina

Katrina

Kat Likes...

Soren Idrios
Sharky
EspaƱol
HGTV
Making dinner
Cuddling on the "SofaSac"
Hiking and Camping
Fruit Snacks
Hugs
Not having eye infections.
Lists :)
Crafting?
and JON of course!




Powered by Blogger.

02 October 2008

Why I love being married to Jon...

On Tuesday night, Jon had some work to complete in Salt Lake. We drove down in the evening and while he worked, I shopped for a bit with my mom. It was a lot of fun. I finally found a frame for the little piece of crafting I did at Enrichment Night 3 weeks ago. It's an absolute injustice that Logan does not have a Target.




Anyway, before we drove back to Logan that night we decided to pick up some goodies to help keep us awake. Jon was in need of more "seeds" as he calls them. No, he doesn't grow anything, he likes to eat sunflower seeds. In fact, when I ask him to drive safe and if he'll be okay late at night driving he always answers, "Yup, I have my seeds." He says it's all he needs to keep him awake and I found out why.

His very special way of eating them is... shoving a bunch in his mouth all at once. He then proceeds to extract each seed from its shell, spit out the shell and save the seed inbetween his gum and upper lip! He does this with each seed until all the shells are out and then eats all the seeds at the same time.

I decided to try this and while it may sound easy I can testify that it is not. I only got about 10 finished before I started running out of room in my lip area. I luckily finished 21 seeds but Jon lost count somehwere around 24 and kept on going for about another 5 minutes. I predict that he had close to 50 seeds! here are our seed cups from the drive. He is so much fun!


We also found out that we share an addiction! I bought one of those Chex Mix bags, the ones that you get because they are so salty and delicious. I told Jon that I really only get them because of the little, round, brown, bread-like ones. These are my favorite and it turns out his favorite too! He told me that you can even buy just a bag of the brown thingies! What a strange thing, no? We are two weird peas-in-a-pod.






3 comments:

Liz said...

The frame we found is PERFECT!!!
I am not sure about you and your hubbies funny little habits? :O}
Love you tons!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Love,
Mommy

LeShel said...

I'm sorry to hear you both love those. Now you will have to fight over them. :(

It"s me said...

Ben eats his sunflower seeds that way too. It drives me nuts. There are always shells in his car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...