Jonathan, Katrina & Soren

Jonathan, Katrina & Soren
Jon and Katrina were married in May 2008. We live in Houston, TX. Katrina graduated from Utah State and plays the "SugaMama" role as Jon continues with his studies at U of H. We love getting lost and having all sorts of crazy adventures. Jon is nice and Katrina is honest. :) We are first time parents to Soren Idrios. He has bulldog cheeks! These are our stories.

Jon, my love!

Jon, my love!

Jon likes...

Soren!
Katrina
Math
Mario Kart
Monopoly
Longboarding
English papers... :)
Fringe
Funny Things
Wearing shorts on the weekends
Taco Night
His t-shirts with or without holes and
College Football


Katrina

Katrina

Kat Likes...

Soren Idrios
Sharky
EspaƱol
HGTV
Making dinner
Cuddling on the "SofaSac"
Hiking and Camping
Fruit Snacks
Hugs
Not having eye infections.
Lists :)
Crafting?
and JON of course!




Powered by Blogger.

23 April 2009

Where to Begin.

bears, beets, battlestar galatica.
-jim, the office.

So I mentioned before on my "too funny" post, there is much to write; so much so, that I don't even know where to begin. I debated on whether I should try to make it all sound extremely exciting by giving you a detailed description of everything Jon and I have been up to since, well, March 1st. But this would take up... a whole page or something.

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

-george carlin

Instead, I decided to make a list. Many of you may be on my list. (hehe) What more can I say? Here it is.



I don't think there's a punch-line scheduled, is there? -vince lombardi



-beginning of March, taxes are done. actually getting a refund.

-visited with grandpa cecil and grandpa darrel. these two men are so amazing, everytime I am in their presence I feel the spirit so strongly and I am in awe of what great and humble men they are.

-completed huge work kit for next year's team. glad it's done.

-had dinner with grandma and grandpa galbraith. good rolls, way good. lots of laughs.

-printer gets sick. needs new cartridges.

-lunch with sarah. she's pregnant! going to be such a great mom. love her and will miss our lunches. (not because she's going to be a mom and mom's don't eat lunches, but because of moving to houston)

-Had my 24th birthday. I got cookies and cream ice cream with a candle in it, which we had to buy a lighter for at a gas station on our way to a parking lot. yay. Okay I should mention that before that Jon took me to a great Thai restaurant downtown and we got to shopping; I got a super sweet oversized beanie! No more bad hair days.

-we buy a car, wait this happened before my birthday. ... I love it! traded in "Toad." (the taurus) and got a saab. "upgrade" is an understatement. it's beautiful.

-the otteson's give their homecoming address in kamas. so good to see them. I will never forget what great impact they had in my mission.

-Draper temple dedication, memorable. I love the prophet.

-Jon gets accepted to University of Houston, Business Administration program. YAY!

-lunch with Krista. what a great friend. I feel peace to know that her mom is doing better and great admiration for hers and krista's strength and faith.

-Cami has a bridal shower. lingerie everywhere... really. so excited she's getting married.

-I business trip to Logan. Weather is awful. I don't miss sardine canyon. I do miss Ligget.

-I get sick. again.

-fly to houston

-big interview. even bigger test.

-meet Jovanda, Alex, Karen, and Amanda. Laugh harder than I have in 17 years.

-fly home from houston. still sick.

-color hair. feel like a rockstar.

-russell comes to town! blessed fun with mission companions and good friends. Diana is my new Canadian buddy.

-Cami gets married! What a beautiful day. I couldn't be more excited for her and Derrick. YAY!!

-saw Ricky "Hackett" :) in concert. I love the comedy and it was a fun night out with my hubby.

-started stressing about my new job and moving.

-frantically trying to get a load of crap done before May.

-oh yeah, still sick. (i think)

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life...
-tagline, facts of life.

So I think this is where I end and/or begin.

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. -anton chekhov

but remember....

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
-friedrich nietzsche

AND

Life itself still remains a very effective therapist.
-karen horney

oh yeah, and we got a goldfish... only 49 weeks to go.

8 comments:

Liz said...

She blogs...

Amy said...

WOW! You have been busy. I have so many questions about all this that it tells me I'm a loser because I'm your sister and I should have known at least most of this already, but didn't :(
.... i'll call :)

LeShel said...

hooray for the update but I WANT PICTURES!! I will start praying for your fish because I really want you to have a dog. Oh yes, did I mention I WANT PICTURES! I want to see the car, the haircut, the fish, heck let's see the letter that says Jon was accepted. You can keep the Cami lingerie pictures I don't need any details on that I've got 5 kids, other pictures would be greatly gawked at and enjoyed!
LOVE YOU!

si tu veux said...

Very fun post. You have such a way with words, and wisdom. Thanks for sharing this piece of you. Very awwwww...inspiring. Have many more fun moments....we love you.
♥ ....still want to see your hair.

suzie said...

Loved the update, so fun and funny, but I cannot help but wonder what was so funny 17 years ago?!?

Do tell, inquiring minds want to know!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

You have been busy! And I love the quote in between!

si tu veux said...

Thanks for coming to the Baptism. It was SOOOO good to see you. I love you both dearly. hugs. ♥

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

ok why in the world did i think you guys were already in texas?!?! we need to get together before you go!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...